One More to Go

Holy crap, folks! October has been a ridiculously busy month. I was traveling so much to promote myself and my works, I didn’t have a free weekend—until Halloween!

I love getting out and doing presentations and workshops and meeting new people, but it’s also incredibly exhausting. If you’ve read my blog before, you know that I get incredibly anxious when I travel, so this entire month has threatened to push me into panic mode. I’ve overcome, though, and had some amazing adventures.





I have one more conference to go to this year, and I’ll be in Philadelphia at the end of this week for the Mid-Atlantic Popular & American Culture Association conference. I will be speaking about Women and Slasher films and also doing a 5-minute presentation about being undead obsessed and finding meaning in zombies.

I’m excited and nervous all at the same time. I think I’m handling this trip better than the Long Beach trip—I had nightmares for 2 weeks before that trip. I had a nightmare a few weeks ago and one last night, so maybe? I’ll let you know how it goes.

In addition to this exciting adventure that’s coming up, I also had an outstanding weekend.

Because our sleds are new, we had to take them out for a break-in ride. There wasn’t a ton of snow, but we found enough to ride in. I hadn’t realized how much I missed riding until I got out. There’s something so magical about not having anything to worry about except cruising through the snow. It was incredibly therapeutic.



Zed (my sled; zombie + sled = Zed; plus, it pays homage to so many zombie films) did awesome! I’m looking forward to more snow so I can see exactly what she can do.

While we’re in the hills, we don’t have any cell service, so I turned off my phone for a while. When I got back into town, I turned it back on and saw that I had an email from my amazing book manager (hi, Pam!).

Apparently, Life After the Undead was in the top 100 for certain categories. According to the email, here was the breakdown:

#73,634 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

#94 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Dystopian

#95 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories

#143 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Scary Stories

What?! It was freaking insane! I wanted to scream and cry and happy dance all at the same time. None of my books have ever ranked that high, so it was incredibly exciting. I’m still floating on air from the experience.

There’s a lot of really exciting things happening. I’m giddy. I’m going to ride this wave of amazement for as long as I can. I hope that you all are having a fabulous time as well.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)