Fear of Failure...and Fame

As Friday and the release of Undead Obsessed approaches, I can't help but be nervous and excited at the same time.  It's exciting and wonderful to see my labors come to fruition, but it's frightening to think about how people are going to react to it.

I realize that not everyone is going to like it.  And that's OK.  It's not for everyone.  But my fear is that EVERYONE is going to hate it.  And let me know about it.  It's a thin, strange line between wanting readers to read and enjoy my book and being afraid for them to.  I think some people call that neurotic.

But then there's the other side of that coin too.  What if everyone LOVES it and this is the book that launches me into the stratosphere.  As much as I dream of that happening, that frightens me also.  Don't get me wrong, I love to talk about my work and be the center of attention, but I'm not sure I would even know HOW to handle it!

These are the types of things that always run through my head when a book comes out.  Yes, I'm well aware of my shortcomings and my psychosis.  I can't speak for every author, but a few of my close friends also have the same fears and concerns.  So far, none of us have had to worry about what would happen if we made it big.  But maybe one day...

It's hard putting myself out like this.  I never know how the world is going to react.  I put a lot of work into my books, and I really enjoyed writing them, and my only hope is that others can see how much fun it is  for me.  But if they don't, they don't.  I can't control other people.  I can only take things one day at a time.

Here's to hoping for the best!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)