Shifting Currents by Lissa Trevor‏


Lissa Trevor has her stilettos firmly entrenched in the romance community. Spank Me Mr. Darcy is her debut novel from Riverdale Avenue Books. She is a frequent reader at Manhattan's Between The Covers events, where her novellas Wild Oats and Timelash from Coliloquy's Entwined volumes 1 & 2 have been very popular. Lissa also created an erotic story template for Coliloquy's ValEntwined promotion that allowed readers to download a personalized ebook starring themselves and their significant other.

http://lissatrevor.wordpress.com/
@jamiekswriter
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6574318.Lissa_Trevor
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lissa-Trevor/364854163628828


After the meteorite wiped out civilization and most of the population, it took thirty years to scrabble together rudiments of society again. Sex is the main currency, for those who haven’t mutated special abilities.

Bethany, a Tech, is able to channel electricity through her body and charge up electronics. When she saves a Shifter girl about to be sold at auction, the girl’s brother, Lucas, offers to repay the debt with his body. While Bethany would love to have Lucas at her beck and call, she’d rather have sex with someone who wanted her as a partner instead of an obligation. But unable to resist the sexy Shifter, she agrees to his terms.

When an opportunity presents itself to travel cross the ravaged countryside to loot the remains of California, Bethany believes this is the best chance for her to find her own brother, a rogue Shifter on the run for a crime he didn’t commit. Lucas wants to go, too, to free his Shifter pack.

The caravan members are expected to provide sexual services to the owners in exchange for passage out and back. As the lines between pleasure and payment become blurred, Bethany struggles to remain human while the pull of the energy feels good enough to leave her meat sack body behind. Can Lucas learn to ground her against the shifting currents?


Available at Loose ID Amazon BN iTunes Kobo

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
This was a dream I had. Most of my stories start out as dreams. Basically my sub conscious goes "What if . . . ." before I go to bed and if I'm lucky, I wake up the next morning with a book idea.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I wrote Shifting Currents on and off again for about three years. I originally had it as just Bethany's point of view, but I knew I was missing something, so I tried writing scenes in other peoples point of view to see who would be the best character to tell the story. It turned out it was all of them. I even cut two point of view characters. They're still in the book, but their chapters were cut in editing.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Creating worlds and people and having them interact with each other. I like letting my mind and fingers go and coming up for air two hours later with a new chapter or story.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Getting started. I can procrastinate for hours. I always wait until the last minute to start things and I'm so used to working under the pressure of a deadline, I don't think I can motivate myself without one.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would be Donald Trump so I could stay in a swanky Manhattan condo and spend lots of money and give lots of money away.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Oh dear, I'm afraid to look. I suspect it's a jar of sundried tomatoes or a bottle of dressing. I'd say it's about a year old. Usually, I'm pretty good about getting rid of the science experiments, but every now and then something slips into the back and doesn't come out until it's time to play the "What stinks in here?" game.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I have a new erotic Halloween novella coming out on 10/28. It's called Triad and it's about a vampire, witch and a werewolf engaging in sex magic to beat an incubus at his own game. Also early next year, my erotic parody novel Menage a Musketeers, which is a mash-up of Alexander Dumas’ The Three Musketeers with sexy times will be out through Riverdale Avenue Books. It’s a tale of sword and debauchery. All for one and one for all – indeed. It’s a follow-up to my controversial first title Spank Me, Mr. Darcy, which is a mash-up of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and BDSM.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)