Saving the Hero by Sabrina Sumsion‏


I’m a ninja disguised as a homeschooling mom, former literary publicist, craft-aholic and all around reading diva. Really, I kick down doors –no, wait, that was my husband when I locked us out of the house . . . Well, I engage in combat on a regular basis –online when I play MMORPGs with my children . . . OK, maybe I’m not a real ninja but my husband says I stole his heart. Does that count? No?

Shoot. Well, I love reading and I love writing. I think imagination is the biggest advantage a child can get in life and I try to allow my children many opportunities to expand theirs every day.

I love teaching authors how to avoid publishing traps and scams as well as how to market themselves and their works. There is nothing better in life than giving someone information that helps them become successful.

I also take a few hours each week and create jewelry, make lotions or paint something. I have little creation stations scattered through the house. My daughter gets into it a lot and scatters things which drives my husband crazy but remember how I mentioned that he says I stole his heart? Yeah. I’m not giving it back. He’s stuck with me forever. Bwah ha ha ha!

www.sabrinasumsion.com
www.twitter.com/sabrinasumsion
https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSabrinaSumsion
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4847683.Sabrina_Sumsion


Two and a half weeks. That’s all the time he has left.

When loner vampire hunter Kassy is interrupted by nosy veteran, Mike, he ends up bitten, and infected with the vampire parasite. The warrior becomes her prey as she fights to find him before powerful vamps. A couple kidnappings later, she’s hiding in a cabin with him chained to the floor, and an eight-year-old girl in her care.

Death? Inevitable. When the parasite takes control, he’ll do or say anything to get non-infected blood—including seducing her. But, as they spend time together, she finds her resolve weakening. A kiss won’t fix him, but it might mend a deep hole in her heart.

Kassy is too practical to believe in miracles, but if he survives eighteen days without ingesting human blood, there is a chance he could be the hero she's been looking for.

Odds are he’s a dead man.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A: The inspiration for Saving the Hero came from reading an article about Jaroslav Flegr, a Czech scientist who is studying the effects of Toxoplasma gondii on humans. His hypothesis is that the parasite affects the way we humans behave. The concept is fascinating and chilling at the same time. How much can a little organism control the actions of the host? Well, that got my old grey matter churning with what-ifs and eventually, I landed on what-if a parasite is the cause of humans acting like vampires. Kick out the whole losing your soul thing in the vampire mythology and a parasite can explain much of what remains.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
A: I started writing Saving the Hero last fall. I first wrote it as a writing exercise. It was supposed to be a short story that evolved into a novel without my permission. Ha!

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
A: My favorite thing about writing is the opportunity to interact with readers. I’m a person that loves people, but it’s hard when you’re a stay at home mom to get adult time. Through my writing, I get to meet and learn about a variety of people that I wouldn’t have met any other way.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
A: My least favorite part about writing is editing. It’s a skill that doesn’t come easily to me so I have to work at it. I know that it’s good for me. As I tell my kids all the time, it builds character. But I don’t wanna build character!

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
A: Oh, sure. Just make me think. Ummmm… I’d say Brandon Sanderson. I’d love to have a set schedule of writing for eight hours each day, have access to all of his editing, character developing and world building knowledge and know what it feels like to win a Hugo.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A: Ha! I have some maple syrup from last year to finish off. However, when you keep it properly, it lasts forever, so it’s not nasty or anything.
Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A: Readers can expect a sequel for Saving the Hero, two or three more parts in the Aliens Are Real series as well as several more novels. I have plans for a mystery series, a dystopian, a high fantasy novel/series and possibly some romantic comedies. As someone who used to help authors gain publicity, market their books and brand themselves, I’m very aware that genre jumping isn’t the best plan, but I write because I love it. If I forced myself to stick to one genre just because it will make money, I know that my writing would suffer and I’d probably stop. I indulge my passion and hope that I can find readers who enjoy the journey with me.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)