The Wolf and His Diva by Chris T. Kat


Chris T. Kat lives in the middle of Europe, where she shares a house with her husband of many years and their two children. She stumbled upon the M/M genre by luck and was swiftly drawn into it. She divides her time between work, her family—which includes chasing after escaping horses and lugging around huge instruments such as a harp—and writing. She enjoys a variety of genres, such as mystery/suspense, paranormal, and romance. If there’s any spare time, she happily reads for hours, listens to audiobooks, or does cross stitch.

Blog
Twitter
GoodReads

 
George Owens is comfortable with his life just the way it is. A wolf- and fox-shifter, George leads a reclusive lifestyle with his energetic and diva-ish mate Billy, a fox- and squirrel-shifter.

George has no desire to take over leadership of the pack, despite his father’s wishes. Edward Owens is feeling his age and wants to make sure the pack is in good hands should he not be able to win his next challenge. However, George is adamant that he wants no part of it.

But events rock George from his complacency, and he realizes he has to take a stand and fight for what he cares about. If he remains in the past and cannot change in order to do what he must, he risks losing everything he loves.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
When I started to write the story, we had lots and lots of snow, and all I could think of was how striking red fur would look against white snow. Immediately, I imagined a red fox peeking out of a snow-covered den. The fact that I love foxes might have played into my decision as well. ;-) I was in the mood for a shape-shifter story, and I knew one of the main characters should be rather flamboyant (he became Billy). The story progressed, depending on the prompts I received.

At this point, I should probably mention that The Wolf and His Diva started its life as a free story early in 2013. I had just joined a group of flash fiction writers (you can find us at http://wedbriefsfic.com/http://wedbriefsfic.com/

Q) How long did it take you to write?
As I said above, I had to stop writing the story, but I couldn't let go of these characters and the story they wanted me to tell. When my workload decreased a bit, I caved and wrote the whole novella in only a few weeks time.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
It's time for myself and incredibly relaxing. I've always had a great imagination and, if I didn't write my stories, all the voices in my head clamoring for my attention would probably drive me insane. Also, it's a big adventure for me to create my own worlds, especially if the story includes paranormal elements. Oh, yeah, and then there's the part where the two main characters fall in love―that's my favorite part of writing.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I really can't stand it when I get stuck at a certain point in the story because something feels off and I can't figure out what went wrong. I write from beginning to end, so whenever something like that happens, I'm seriously stumped. I tried writing chapters out of order but that technique doesn't work for me.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I know this is going to be boring but I have zero desire to be any famous person. Must have to do with the fact that I have no idea what makes a person famous...

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I had to go looking... It's a glass of jam, which we opened, uh, some time ago, and never finished. How old it is? Um, it doesn't live. Yet...

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I just released “Sacrifices (A Jeff Woods Mystery) on April 28th. This is the second book in my Jeff Woods Mystery series. I hope to submit the third and last book to my publisher soon.

Other than that, I have three more releases this year (all in the paranormal genre):

On August 15th “Unicorn Rescue” will be released through eXtasy Books. At the end of August, there'll be another shape-shifter story released, so far called “Secret Chemistry 2” (a sequel to “Secret Chemistry”). At the end of September, there'll be another story out, called “Tidal Change”.

At the moment, I'm working on two science fiction books. The first is finished and the second is halfway done. So far, I'm not sure when they'll be ready for submission.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)