Rising Shadows by Bridget Blackwood‏


Bridget Blackwood is a hopeless romantic and a fan of happily ever after. She grew up in East Texas where she met and married her high school sweetheart. Together they moved to Southern Illinois, it's been home for over a decade now. Bridget began telling stories at an early age, she writes in self-defense because the characters in her head are loud and bossy. A social butterfly by nature, Bridget loves to talk and laugh. When she isn't writing she enjoys watching horror movies, playing video games, and not cooking.

Facebook
Twitter
Blog
Website
Pinterest
Goodreads
Booklikes


Rachel Ryan wakes up with no knowledge of where she is or how she got there. Thrown into a world she thought only existed in myths, she finds more questions than answers.

Shape shifters, faeries, and vampires hide in plain sight among humans. There’s a war quietly brewing in the shadows. Rachel stands between mankind and those creatures that live in the darkness.

Enhanced with power she doesn’t understand, she’ll tip the scales, but who is the real enemy?


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A daydream I had about waking up with no memory.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Rising Shadows took five years. What?! Well, I was pregnant when I started writing it and my husband was deployed with the USAF. I stopped writing when he came home, then I had a baby, we moved houses, got pregnant again…life was too busy. Now, I’m at a stage when I have free time again to write. Currently it takes me around four to six months from beginning to publish to finish a book.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Letting the characters out of my head to play. They get really noisy and it’s nice to exercise them into submission.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Waiting for responses is rough. I have my beta readers and the editor who all provide feedback about changes I need to make. Waiting for a reader response makes me a little nervous, I really want people to enjoy their time with my book.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Elsa Pataky, she’s married to Chris Hemsworth. All day with Thor? Yes, please!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Eek, A bottle of oyster sauce. Why do I even own a bottle of oyster sauce? I loathe to cook. The bottle is over three years old. Every one avoids it but no one has thrown it away.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m writing more World in Shadows books! Winter’s Kiss, a 39 page short is book 1.5 and it released on March 21. Anyone who emails me or messages me on Facebook can request a copy for free through May 31 (5/31/14).

Book 2, A Scarlet Fury, is coming this summer and Book 3, untitled, should release next winter. I always put them out sooner if they get done ahead of schedule.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)