Break(Through) The Ice‏ by Rachell Nichole

Rachell Nichole is a contemporary erotic romance author. She currently writes what she likes to call Sizzling Romantic Entanglements. She loves creating memorable characters and putting them through the paces on their discovery for and journey to love.

Rachell holds two undergraduate degrees, one in Professional Writing and the other in French. She also received a Master of Fine Arts in Writing Popular Fiction at Seton Hill University. She is the author of The Marietta Hotels Series, Spicy with a Side of Cranberry Sauce, and Queen of Hearts.

Rachell lives in New York with a mountain of books, a loving family, and an evil cat named Godiva that she adores.

www.RachellNichole.com
@RachellNichole
www.Facebook.com/RachellNichole
www.divasofdesire.blogspot.com
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6520697.Rachell_Nichole
http://www.amazon.com/Rachell-Nichole/e/B0091G7SG8/


When Jasmine Graves is invited to the set of the movie based on her book series, she thinks all her dreams have come true. The Vince Demarco, the man she's based her hero on for the past seven years, will be there and she can't wait to meet him. Little does she know that she'll have to face her worst fears to keep her leading man.

Vince Demarco has never been as intrigued by a character or an author before being introduced to the haunted werewolf he's been cast to play. So when he comes face to face with its creator, Jasmine Graves, he's awestruck. But he fears an author who's a reported recluse will want nothing to do with the paparazzi madness and crazy shooting schedule that comes with dating a movie star.

Neither one can deny the almost animal attraction that overwhelms them at first contact. But can an author and her muse breakthrough the barriers between them, or will the heat between them turn to ice in the winter cold of the Adirondack Camp?

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
It was actually a call from Emma Lai for an anthology of books featuring a character who was an actor or actress. I’d never written a book about an author before, though I’d been thinking about doing one, and I used a kind of weird dream-sequence of mine from way back when that was about this actor, and I thought… oh, this is perfect. So I wrote it out. It was a lot of fun. I ended up writing a story that was too long for the anthology, but that Twenty Or Less Press liked enough to publish on its own.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
This one was pretty quick. I wrote the draft in about 2 ½ weeks or so. But then of course there were several rounds of revisions to do after that draft was finished.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I like the quiet, actually. It’s not really a specific part of the craft of writing so much as the dedicated time to be creative and focus on a story and my characters and stuff. Though through the writing process, I think it would be the pre-planning stages – figuring out who my characters are, where they come from, what makes them tick, how they talk, what tattoos they have, what their astrological signs are… that kind of thing is fun, and I really like it.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Probably copy edits. By the time a book is to that stage I’ve already done all the prep work, created the characters, the scene, the plot, I’ve written the draft, I’ve revised it at least once (but usually twice or three times) before it even sees my editor, then edited it with my editor through two rounds, and so by the time I get it back, I don’t even want to look at it any more. I do, of course, because that’s the job. But that’s definitely the least favorite.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
The president. Because… that would be awesome. I suppose I should have picked someone rich and gorgeous, or married to someone rich and gorgeous, but I think it would be epic to have that kind of power and responsibility for a day, just to see what it was like.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I have absolutely no idea. This question implies that I attempt to look beyond the few things in the front of the fridge I actually want and reach into the icky recesses of the back of the fridge to find something unrecognizable. I think I threw out a thing of cream cheese last week that expired in 2012. Like early 2012. But since that’s gone, I have no clue what else could be lurking in there.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m currently writing another book about a character who’s an author. It was the first author character I’d come up with, before writing this one about Jasmine Graves. The WIP (work in progress) is currently titled Domestic Discipline Needed and is about Elizabeth Clark, an author plagued by this idea to write a BDSM book that just won’t leave her, even though she knows she could never like that kind of thing… until she meets local Dom and owner of the K Club, Chase Masters. That will be next up on the publication side I think. After that I will be working on book three in my Marietta Hotels series, but I’m not quite sure yet which book will be the third. The titles/ideas I have in my head so far are: A Murder in Times Square and A Night in Niagara. Not sure which one will take top billing just yet.

Thanks so much for having me by. It was fun (and maybe a little embarrassing with the whole cream cheese thing.)

~ Rach

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)