Perfect Misfits by Lawna Mackie‏

I have always believed in fairy tales and when I got tired of the old ones I made up my own. Each story would have a hero and heroine, but they were anything but typical.
I devoured my first romance novel when I was a teenager and soon discovered I couldn’t read them fast enough. Years later I stumbled across my first paranormal romance…an injustice would be done if I tried to explain my joy when I found this genre of romance. Now writing any type of love story is my passion, whether it’s paranormal, fantasy, historical or contemporary–for me it’s all about LOVE and a happy-ever-after.
I am truly blessed. My husband is my hero in every story. My family and my precious animals are my inspiration. We live on a small acreage in Didsbury, Alberta, with Dozer, Daisy, Mandarin and Peppers.
Happy reading everyone, I would love to hear from you.
Ryder, commander of the Levarian legion of gargoyles, has a problem. He keeps dreaming on duty…and falling…neither of which gargoyles ever do. Every dream is of the same woman, and every time, it brings on red-hot, searing pain in the crescent-shaped scar on his palm. Driven to find the woman and the reason for his bizarre dreams, he lets himself fall…
…right through to a place he never knew existed…to the woman of his dreams.

Labeled a misfit, Tempest was snatched away as a child and imprisoned in the hidden realm of Misfit Mountain. Locked up by Fedor, the ruler of the kingdom, who intends to take her as his bride, she has no choice but to brave the dangerous snow and ice of the Mountain to escape. Despairing, faced with the impossible choices of Fedor or death, love is the last thing on her mind, until Ryder snatches her from the air and into a whole new realm of feeling.

Can Ryder find the key to freeing her and save them both?

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I do love Christmas and believe it or not the movie Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer inspired me to write this story. I’ve always enjoyed how Santa and Rudolph save the children from the Island of Misfit Toys. Perfect Misfits has Misfit Mountain.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It took about six months to write this novella. I’m a pokey writer!

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love the freedom that writing gives to me. I’m also an avid dreamer and I usually end up with some bizarre dream that fills my head with creatures and adventure that I just have to end up writing about. Heaven knows the critters just keep jumping around in my head until they have a life in one of my books.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
The worst thing about writing is the editing process. It’s very time consuming and not cheap! Even though I hired this piece out to an editor it seems I still have mistakes. It’s difficult, if not impossible for me to spot my own mistakes. I think that because I know the story, and every sentence so well, I don’t really read but rather I think I am truly seeing how it is in my head. I don’t know if that makes sense. Now, I’m using more than one editor to help find spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I’d like to be Sherrilyn Kenyon. She is my favorite author and I’d love to see how she comes up with her stories and what it’s like to be a hugely successful author.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Oh, my gosh this is the funniest question I’ve ever been asked! I think I’d have to say that this is a jar of Horseradish. Truthfully, I have no idea how long it’s been in my fridge. I was just thinking about that the other day. I don’t eat beef, which is what you’d use that for. I must have made a roast beef dinner for others one night, but goodness I have no idea when that would have been! How embarrassing, but that’s a great question.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I wish I had more time to write but currently I’m working on the sequel to my Christmas novella QUINN’S CHRISTMAS WISH. I’ve also had many people ask for a sequel to PERFECT MISFITS, so that’s in the works. I also enjoyed writing my latest novella BAREBACK FOR COWBOY, which has nothing to do with fantasy. I enjoyed that one too. I have a gypsy story in mind that I’d also dying to write.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)