Meet An Author Tuesday

My radio recording is up on The Authors Show today.  You can access it here.  I also have a guest blog on the Zombie Survival Crew site.  That is here.  Check them both out!

Today's guest is Joy Brooks, who is a Southern lady in love with the mystery and adventure associated with medieval warriors and royalty. She fills her spare time with reading, writing, cross-stitching, and playing with her seven cats. She enjoys the quiet life in a quaint, historic Georgia town.


Website
Blog




What inspired you to write this story?A lot of my inspiration comes from random thoughts. I was thinking about a new story and the Sword of Virtue popped in my head. The more I thought about it, the more ideas I had. It wasn't long before I had my computer out and I was writing about Jared. The ideas flowed and Jared's story came to life.

How long did it take you to write?
This story, about two months. Every minute I had free, I wrote. That's how I work. When I get the idea for a story, I am driven to write it until the story is told.

I've been writing about three years now. I wrote a book when I was in my twenties, and it was denied. I took it to much to heart and stopped writing for many years. I believe it to be a true calling, so many years later, I tried again. I won't ever stop.

What is your favorite thing about writing?Having someone read my stories is the greatest pleasure I get out of writing. I want to share what I write. I wish to entertain my readers with exciting, intriguing stories. I hope they come back for more.

What is your least favorite thing about writing? Well, I have to say, no sales. I try so hard to write material to entertain my readers, not seeing my stories selling is hard to take. I don't feel I'm alone when I say it is disappointing to a writer when their stories aren't read. Other than that I don't really have a least favorite. I love to write!!! I even enjoy the editing process.

If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Hmmm. The first thing that popped into my head was to be a famous writer. I'm going to say J.K. Rowling. I am choosing her because she is a modern writer and her stories have soared to the top of the charts, not to mention the movies. I would like to find out how she went about getting her books to the public. I would have a lot to learn in that one day.

What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?Other than the ice in my ice maker, I would have to say a carton of eggs. I don't use many eggs. It's probably over a year old. I know, I really need to get rid of them. I also have a half bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. It's probably six months old. I'm sure the fizz has gone.

What can readers expect from you in the future? More books. I don't see myself slowing down. I have so many stories I want to tell. I'm even thinking about expanding my genre's. As much as I love writing about the 16, 17, and 18th centuries. I love the future. I am thinking along the lines of a crew on a spaceship. I'll have to think of some really cool characters. No robots or people with pointed ears. Or, maybe .... The ideas are still coming.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)