Get My Geek On!

Today after lunch, I'm heading down to Denver to attend Mile Hi Con.  This will be my third year attending, my second as a panelist.  I'm very excited.  I usually end up having a really great time.  There is nothing more spectacular than hanging out with like-minded people!

I'm about 75% done with The Cold Beneath by Tonia Brown.  I am really enjoying it.  I will review it when I'm finished.  What are you reading this week?



The boys started wrestling on Monday night.  The 5 year old brought home a flier from school and said he was interested.  I thought it sounded like a great idea, so away we went.  I was thrilled when we got there and they told us the 3 year old could wrestle too.  He idolizes his big brother, so whatever the 5 year old does, the 3 year old does.

The nice thing, though, is that even though they are in wrestling together, they don't always have to be together.  The first night, they got separated into two separate lines for drills.  It didn't bother either one.  They didn't cry or whine and switch lines to be with each other. Then, last night, they were working on some take downs, and they had to find a partner close to their size.  The 3 year old tried to be with his brother, but the 5 year old wanted to find other partners.  I found the 3 year old another little boy close to his age and paired them up.

This poor little kid.  He was so shy.  Painfully shy.  Like if you looked at him funny, he'd burst into tears.  I think his dad was helping coach, so the 3 year old got very specialized instruction.  At first, the little boy was very nervous about working with my kid, but as the night wore on, he actually started smiling.  I was so proud of my boys for breaking out of the comfort zones and finding new kids to play with/beat up.  Made me happy!

I hope you have a fabulous weekend indulging in things that make you happy!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)