This Week in Writing




The Devil Made Me Do It is now available.  You can get it here.  It's a collection of five stories that focus on what normal people do when faced with extraordinary circumstances and deal with the Devil.  I hope you enjoy.

I've been working on my novelette this week, and I'm pretty close to having a final draft.  It's a young adult series, and, at the moment, I'm planning three stories.  The first one is around 45 pages, and I'm guessing the others will be too.  I will keep you informed of my progress.

Other than that, I've been working on galley proofs.  Why do they always seem to come at one time?  It's very strange to me.  I had one last week, one this week, and probably another this weekend.  Oh, well.  The sooner I get them done, the sooner I get them out of my hair!  And that means the sooner they become available to you!


On Wednesday night, the boys decided they wanted to read before heading to bed.  The 5 year old picked out several books, and they got ready for bed.  One of the books he picked was a coloring book he got on the 4th of July from the Laramie Police Officers.  It's about strangers.  That was, of course, the last book they wanted to read.

As I picked it up, my first thought was, Oh, I don't think this is a good idea.  Then, I figured, what could it hurt?  It's never too early to start talking about what to do about strangers.  I should have gone with my first instinct.

After we finished reading, I kissed the boys goodnight and headed out of the room.  The 5 year old freaked out.  He started crying and going on about how he was scared.  I told him his fears were justified, but he didn't have to worry because no one was going to hurt him.

"But a stranger's going to get in our house!" he tells me.

"No they're not.  They can't.  The dogs will rip their face off if they try.  Think about something else.  Who won the cave race?  Remember that book?  Tell me who won the race."

"I don't know," he wails.  "All I can think about is strangers!"

Thankfully, my spouse came home a little later and the boys were able to go to sleep.  At least I don't ever have to worry about my kids and strangers!

Have a fabulous weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)