Movie Review Monday

I didn't watch a movie this weekend, I've been incredibly busy with other things such as editing and INDEXING (so close to being done. So close).

However, the spouse and I have been watching Full Metal Jousting. Have you seen this? It's on the History Channel.

The first time I saw commercials for it, I rolled my eyes. Pfft! Just what we need, another reality show with a sport no one could care about. Yet, I got sucked in! There is nothing more entertaining than watching two guys try and knock each other off a horse with a long stick. Call me sadistic.

There is a lot of technique involved in the joust, too. More than you'd think. You can't just whack your opponent anywhere you deem fit (though that happens a lot). They have a huge metal plate on their shoulder that you are aiming for. As you can imagine, it takes quite a bit of skill to hit the sweet spot. And there are real injuries involved. It was fun!

If you haven't had a chance to check it out, do. It's very entertaining. Would I ever do it myself? Hell no. But I'll gladly watch other knock the crap out of themselves!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)