Throwing My Hands Up In Defeat

I'm high maintenance. I'm not gonna lie. I have high expectations of how people should act, and I get p*ssed off when they don't act like that. The thing is, I don't expect you to do anything that I wouldn't do myself. For example, give me the courtesy of answering my emails. I get email on my phone (and I check it a bazillion times a day), so I respond in a timely manner. I'm not saying you should reply within the hour. Within a day or two is acceptable. I know you're busy.

When you don't respond, or I have to send another email to get a response, that really irritates me. But you know what? I have no control over their actions. So why am I getting so upset about it? I'm resigning myself to the inevitable. I'm giving up. Keeping other people's ducks in a row is exhausting, and I have my own crap to worry about.

So what does that mean? Well, it means that my books/stories might not come out for 800 years. Publishing takes time, I know that. I've been in the game for a while, but when you constantly and repeatedly miss deadlines, something else is wrong. But I've done all I can to help out. Aside from opening my own company or self publishing, there's nothing else I can do. Like I said, I have no control over other people's actions.

I'm not going to let it get me down. I can't. There are too many other opportunities in this world to get bogged down. I'm going to hold my head up and move forward. Maybe things will work out.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)