Movie Review Monday

Green Lantern (2011)

Finally, I was able to see this movie. I've wanted to see it since the previews, but somehow, time got away from me.

There is nothing more wonderful than being able to sit and watch a movie and not have to think. I love suspending disbelief and just going with the flow. That's the beautiful thing about superheroes, they don't have to make a lot of sense. As long as they kick butt and save the world, who cares how implausible their origins are?

Give me a movie with explosions and eye candy, and I'm happy.

Green Lantern is one of my favorite superheroes. Who wouldn't want a ring that created anything you could imagine? Plus, when Ryan Reynolds plays Hal Jordan, life is good!

The film had a good story line. It wasn't a new one, good versus evil, but there's something comforting in that notion. Isn't that why we're such superhero fans? Because we know the good guy is going to prevail? There are bumps and obstacles along the way, but the hero always overcomes them, he always saves the day.

I'm hoping they make the sequel. They set Sinestro up perfectly to be the bad guy in the next one. Why doesn't anyone find it convenient that he's the only one who survives an attack by Parallax? No one's curious why he's the one who gets the yellow ring? Come on, people! Think!

It helps that I watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold, so I know he's a bad guy. I could be wrong, but I kinda doubt it. Watching that movie really makes me want to get into comic books, but I don't have the time or the money. Maybe I can start pushing my kids in that direction!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)