It's Probably a Curse

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, and watch out for little ones!

As you may recall, I was in my hometown this weekend to do a reading. The library was so excited about me coming, and they thought they'd have a great crowd. Six people showed up. Three were from the library, and two were my family. A seventh showed up 5 minutes before I was done with my stuff.

This always happens to me. I plan on having some kind of party or celebration (or an interview on the radio), and no one comes. It happens to my mom, too. We've decided it's a curse. Or maybe we smell bad. We haven't decided.

Either way, it wasn't a total bummer. I did sell some books, and word of mouth is always the best promotion. With a little luck, they'll tell their friends, which will lead to some sales. You have to start somewhere, and the bottom is the best place. The only way to go is up!

Plus, I was able to network. The librarians told me they'd try and get me into some classrooms. I'm sure I'll have a bigger crowd then, but they'll probably be bored to tears. Well, some of them will be interested, and some will be in hell. *sigh* Such is life!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)