This Week in Writing

Edits, edits, and more edits. I finally finished the novella I was working on, then moved onto a novelette. After that, I'm hoping to be done for a while, but the editor for the nonfiction book is hoping to have his edits to me by next week. I might take a little break and work on a short story. We shall see!

To take you into your weekend, I normally share a story about my children. Today, I'm going to share:

Bad Habits of Little Boys

Last weekend, we went to a friend's house. The boys were being a little shy, and they asked if they could go outside and play. I said yes, and they went out back. A few minutes later I went to the window to check on them, and the 4 year old was peeing in the window well.

The 2 year old picks his nose and eats is.

The 4 year old gets incredibly grumpy right before dinner. He throws fits and freaks out about everything. The other night, he was being very special, and he told me I didn't make his chicken nuggets right. How do you mess up a nugget? Unless it's on fire, you can't mess it up.

The 2 year old gets eczema pretty bad. His bottom has been itchy lately, so he's been scratching constantly. His grandma thought she would help relieve some of the irritation by putting Vaseline on his bottom. I watched him stick his hand down his diaper, cover it with Vaseline, then he brought it to his nose and sniffed it.

On the way to daycare yesterday, I told you we ran into a group of students coming back. What I didn't tell you was that a few of them irritated me, so I called them a**holes.

The 4 year old immediately repeats, "Yeah, a**holes! We have places we have to be!"

I told him not to say that word, so the 2 year old decides he can say it. Good times were had by all!

I hope you have a great weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)