Movie Review Monday

Before I get into the review, I have a couple of announcements. Firt of all, HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! I hope you all have a fabulous day. Secondly, I heard from the publishers yesterday. Life After the Undead is scheduled for release on July 31! I would say mark your calendars, but I will remind you numerous time.



The Fighter (2010)

Sometimes I feel like I'm out of the loop when it comes to films. If it's not action, horror, science fiction, or fantasy, I probably know nothing about them. That's not to say I won't watch them, I'm fairly open when it comes to different genres. That being said, I don't remember this movie, but it was really good.

The story is about Mickey, an aspiring boxer who has several issues he has to overcome, the main one being an extremely disfunctional family. His older brother had been a boxer in his day, never making it big, and then turns into a crack whore. The story follows the struggles and triumphs of both characters.

This movie is based on a true story, and it was very interesting. My original intention was to work on other things while the movie played in the background, but I found myself sucked in. The film was definitely worth watching.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)