This Week in Writing

I finished a draft of a new story. It was an experiment for me. After finishing my Paranormal Romance, I wanted to see if I could do another kind of romantic story. This one is written in first-person perspective, and it's told from the man's perspective. I haven't had a chance to read it from beginning to end, so I'm not sure how it sounds. I'll let you know next week how I feel about it.

I received a rejection from the Hellology anthology. No biggie. I'm just trying to find another home for that story. I'll let you know what happens there.

I'm still waiting to hear from the Code Z anthology. I have no idea how long it's going to take, or if they even got my submission, but I'll let you know when/if I hear!


This week, the boys went camping with my in-laws. They were close enough to town that my spouse and I were able to head up after work and have dinner with them. The first night, it was really, really windy (and I was really, really grumpy), so we spent the majority of the time in the camper. The next night, the sky was black and threatening to rain. It did for a short while, then there was a nice lull before the next storm. We were able to light a fire and make s'mores.

The 4 year old was so excited to have a campfire. He and his brother were throwing in sticks and pine cones and other various things they could find. The 2 year old ate marshmallows straight out of the bag, he didn't want to waste time roasting them, while the 4 year old was all about roasting them. He wasn't so much about eating them, he just enjoyed the act of putting them in the flames. (Which was a shame because he toasted it to a lovely golden brown. I would've eaten it, but he threw it on the ground.)

It was so fun the watch them. They had a great time hanging out and camping, but the epitome was being able to have a fire. It's just not camping without a fire. It was one of those little things that just brought joy to everyone involved.

I hope this weekend you find something little that brings you happiness and you take the time to savor it!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)