Not-So-Tough Question Tuesday

Do you have any phobias?

I have acrophobia and chiroptophobia. I'm sure there are others, but these are the most prominent.

My fear of heights isn't crippling. I know people who can't even go up a step ladder they are so afraid. I can climb rocks and venture around mountain tops, but I hate getting close to the edge. I have visions of rocks slipping away and me going with them or the protective fencing just crumpling. As long as I'm far enough away from the edge, I'm all right and can enjoy the view from a reserved distance.

My fear of bats was instilled by my grandmother. As kids, we used to love playing with sparklers at her house, which attracted bugs. With prey comes predators. Bats would swoop in and feed. They would get close, but not overly. My grandmother would tell us that the creatures were going to get tangled in our hair and bite our heads. When you're 7, that is a very scary prospect. I've never liked bats since.

(Would they really have gotten tangled in my hair? Probably not. They are a lot smarter than that, and they knew I was a lot bigger. Still, who's willing to take that chance?)
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)