I Think I'm Needy

On Sunday, Tamara and I went out for drinks. As usual, we talked about writing, what we are working on and our plans for the future. We also talked about things that frustrate us, and I mentioned people who don't return emails.

I know I've complained about this before. It is seriously one of my pet peeves, especially if it's your only form of communication. The majority of the time, I send emails because I need information. Sometimes, though, I think I need emails for validation.

It sounds weird, I know, but it's nice to know that my work is still being looked at or that they want to see other things I've written. I have moments where I am that author editors hate: the one who needs their hand held through the entire process. Part of it is ego stroking, part of it is reassurance that I'm not a complete fraud, but the other part is knowing exactly what is going on with my work.

I'm sure my close friends are reading this saying, "Duh! We've known that about you for a long time!" I've probably known it for a while too, but now I'm admitting it. Isn't the first step recognizing the problem? After that, I should be able to work on it!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)