This Week in Writing

I started doing edits on my nonfiction book this week. I know I said I was going to put it away forever, but I was in between projects and decided to pick it up again. At least this way, I will have it completely done.

As I'm reading through it, I do think it will probably never find a home. Maybe it's just my jaded perspective, but I don't feel this book is up to the "academic" par. I don't think my writing sounds very intelligent. What I really need is someone to read through it and give me comments (and I do have someone lined up, Thanks, Lori!), but I would like a few people to look at it. However, most of the people I know don't have time to read 200+ pages. I know I don't. Why do we have to have lives of our own? Damn us!

My eldest is turning 4 tomorrow. He's at that age where he wants to have a party and hang out with his friends. He's already been to two parties, so now it's his turn. He is so excited. We are going to the local Rec Center and rented a Bounce House. You know, those blow up things that kids jump in? I haven't actually told him that's what we're doing because I want it to be a surprise.

We invited 20 kids. 20! I didn't want anyone in his daycare to get hurt feelings, so we invited everyone in his class. I doubt all of them will show up, but 10 have RSVP'd so far. It should be fun, though. Plus, I have my conference tomorrow. It's going to be a busy, busy weekend! Keep me in your thoughts this weekend and hope I survive!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)