A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I had a writing thing, but I didn't give any details. Well, I'm ready to give you the details (it's not that exciting, so don't get revved up).

In November, the publisher of eTreasures, her name is Martha, asked if I would be interested in writing a story for a romance series they are putting out. ROMANCE! I scoffed, but then had a great idea, so I said I would do it. The only information she gave me was that a letter from Cupid started the story, then it had to pair the most unlikely couple. I worked on it a little bit in December, but since I didn't do a lot of writing, I didn't finish.

The week after Christmas, she sent me another email with a little bit more information. Basically, she told me that the story needed to be done by January 5 and needed to be around 12,000 words. I got my butt in gear. I still had some questions, like exactly what the Cupid letter was supposed to contain, so I sent Martha another email. She got me in contact with the editor who was working on the series, and we had a nice phone conversation.

It was during this conversation that I learned my story probably wasn't what they were looking for. According to the editor (who has a blog here), the story was based on Cupids who were competing for a promotion, so they were pairing the most unlikely couples to prove who was the best Cupid. The "letter" wasn't exactly a letter, but the Cupid's report. It was supposed to be a light-hearted/funny story. My story isn't funny. My story takes place in space and is about a guy who doesn't really like women anymore because his wife cheated on him.

I sent the piece anyway, mainly because I said I would do it. I heard back last week, and the editor said she wasn't going to use it for the Cupid series (no surprise there), but she wanted to use it for another series they are planning. I have yet to hear when this series is coming out, but I'll keep you informed.

So, there you have it. The exciting stuff I've been doing. I told you, it wasn't that special, but it was an interesting challenge. I don't write romance, I might have romantic elements, but not straight romance, so this stretched my imaginative abilities. I even put a sex scene in it! A very brief, not-very-detailed scene, but it's there nonetheless! We shall see how the story is received...if/when it comes out!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)