OK, so I know I said on Friday that I was going to disappear for a while, but I had the weekend to think things through, and things aren't as bad as I initially made them out to be. I had a very stressful week last week, and an email I got on Friday just pushed me over the edge. After a couple beers and some time, I got over it. Here's what happened:

A couple of weeks ago I sent out a query, and within 15 minutes, the agent sent a request back for my entire manuscript. I still had some edits to do, so I didn't send it to her until the 21st. On Friday, she sent an email that said she had sat down with my manuscript and realized she had read it before. After checking her files, she realized that she requested it in March and passed on it then. She was pissed (very pissed) that I didn't let her know it was a rewrite. Her email was quite rude. Since I had a bad week, it really hit me. I started questioning my writing ability and thought that I would never write again.

After spending the majority of Friday feeling sorry for myself, I started to think about it. A friend once told me that if I had rewritten the book significantly and enough time had passed, I could send out queries like it was a whole new book. Five months had passed since she had requested the partial, and even thought the story is still the same, I did switch it from third person to first and added a whole bunch of stuff. So, I made a mistake. Perhaps enough time didn't pass and perhaps I should have told her that it was rewritten, but I didn't know. Maybe instead of getting angry, the agent could have handled the situation a little better. Either way, now I know for the future. Why would I let someone like that completely destroy my writing career? Whatever problem she had with me querying like that is HER problem. It shouldn't destroy me.

So, that's what happened. It was pretty upsetting, but I've moved on. I now have new information for the future, and I still have a lot of stuff to write. Yeah, the rejection was a blow, but it wasn't the first and will not be the last.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)