I just thought I would post a quick blog since I had a moment to myself. The family is still here and we've been having a wonderful time, it's just been very busy. I haven't had time to get any writing done, but I wouldn't want to. I'll have plenty of time once they leave.

Oh, wait. That's not entirely true. Saturday morning, I couldn't sleep because my mind kept thinking about the first chapter of the YA zombie novel rewrite. Instead of fighting it, I decided to get up and jot some things down. I got 2 pages of the new chapter done before the boys got up and everything went crazy. I was planning on postponing that work, but I couldn't get it out of my head! I'm OK now, though. I have a starting point.

A few of us went to go see Predators yesterday. What a fabulous film! There were 5 of us total, and 2 of us liked the movie. The 2 of us who really liked it are die-hard Predator fans. We're so die-hard, we both have tattoos (I got mine first, many years ago, and my cousin copied me. It was the sincerest form of flattery!). There were some issues, a few plot holes, but I didn't expect anything less. I went expecting to see a "remake" of the first film, and that's what I got. I didn't expect anything deep and meaningful. Are you kidding? It was just a fun film. I would have liked to see more of the Predators, but that's how I feel about all those films. It was great.

Speaking of fun films, have you seen previews for The Expendables? If not, check it out on imdb.com. THAT is going to be a fabulous film!

I was supposed to get my review on Friday, but it never showed up. I sent an email but didn't get a reply. I'm really hoping someone was sick or on vacation. I'll send another email tomorrow. Of course, me being the pessimist that I am, the first thing that ran through my mind was they took the money and ran. I know, I know, it sounds bad that I'd have to pay for a review, but they actually offered a lot more services. They are making a trailer for me (maybe) and posting my information all over the web. It sounded great at the time, and I checked into the company and didn't find any complaints about them, but who knows? Knowing my luck, I didn't check the right things and got taken for a ride. Wouldn't be the first time, and it's not like I'm out hundreds of dollars (thankfully), but it's the principle of the thing. I had better hear something tomorrow or I'm gonna be really pissed!

I'll let you know what's happening when I get more time. I start my new job tomorrow afternoon, and I'm a little nervous about it. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not a big fan of schedule changes, but, as my dad says, "Soon it'll just be another schedule." I should get back to writing next weekend...if I'm lucky!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)